This is us... We strive to love... we love to laugh... we are trying to live life to the fullest! ...This is our ADVENTURE!!

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Getting settled!

It's been snowing for what seems like days! LOL! It's only a little bit falling, but boy does it pile up quick! I ventured out in it today to run some errands. It was only 18 degrees. How fun is that! I'm enjoying getting all bundled up and stuff. It's been fun! I've learned how to scrape the windshield and shovel snow. I also learned that you can't forget to scrape the side view mirrors. haha!

Charles is still loving his school and became his class leader for the SAC (student advisory council) today. I'm so proud of him. He basically listens to his fellow students and brings stuff up to the council every week. He also helps plan fun things for them to do. He was voted in by his classmates and got 48 out of 52 votes. Pretty impressive I must say! He came home very excited! It also will look good on his resume.

I'm still looking for a job and have a couple of leads. I know that I'll find the right one soon! :0) Trusting the Lord that He will provide!

We went to our second church this past Sunday. It was a lot bigger than what we are used to. It's very multi-cultural, which I loved! The worship was amazing and the teaching very real. We still have a couple more to visit (yes, the list has grown) before we decide. We know that the Lord will lead us in that too! He's faithful and has a place for us! A place where we can get involved!

We hung out with my friend Jon's parents the other night and watched the Steelers game. They are really an amazing family! We felt so comfortable talking with them. Even Charles jumped right in feeling at ease. You know that's a miracle! George and Dee are really a great blessing to us. Dee even gave me some wool socks to keep my feet toasty! While we are away from our parents we have stand-in parents who are willing to be there for us. It's really a great feeling! Nothing could ever replace the real deal (we love you mom, dad and ms karen) but it's nice to have a parent figure close by. George and Charles really hit it off too... they had lots to talk about.

Anyhoo, I guess there's not much more new to share. We miss our friends and family so much! I've been crying a lot... and trying not to smother Charlie when he gets home from school. He's longing for some guy friends too! Hoping to make some more friends soon! One of Charles' classmates is married and wants to hang out with us. He also gave my number to his wife so we can get together for coffee or something. She's in her mid 20's and is looking for a job too. I'm excited and hope that we can all become friends! We've got big plans for the steelers game this weekend! GO Black and Gold!!!! (people are the craziest i've ever seen about football here!!) Can't wait for our precious team to go all the way! (no I haven't forgotten about my Jags...)

Okay, I think that's it! We miss you guys and hope to talk soon! Love YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment