This is us... We strive to love... we love to laugh... we are trying to live life to the fullest! ...This is our ADVENTURE!!

Sunday, January 4, 2009

The New Year Update!!!!!

Our new year has been really exciting so far. We have met new people, seen snow, made some new friends, gone to a new church, and had a lot of time together. For our new years, we got invited to go over to one of Casey's friend's brother's house. It was a little disconcerting for me at first because I did not know what to expect and had been acting like a jackass in front of said friend the day before. It turned out to be a very good night for the both of us. I got to entertain and be entertained by their Wii. It turns out that I'm pretty bad at MarioKart. I kinda rock at Star Wars though, (so watch out). Casey got to meet some girls that it looks like she might hang out with in the future. I certainly hope so. She needs friends like I need a new set of tires :-). All the time. We ended up leaving there around 2ish. Good thing we didn't have to get up early.

We have had to spend so much money getting our apartment into liveable shape. It just felt so old that we had to go out and get those little things that made it ours. We got a sweet carving of hibiscus flowers that we got to paint and make our own. She does the big stuff, I do the details. We had to make a screen for our shower because all the hot air escapes and made it pretty uncomfortable. Our bathroom is missing the top foot and a half of wall so all the air that usually stays in and makes it comfortable to get out into, just floats away. Not anymore though. Mr. Incredible, AKA me, modified a shower curtain so that it would contain the heat and keep my baby comfortable. We had to buy a few other things like shelves, a microwave, random crap that you don't know you need until you need it. Things like that. Thank God we had a $500 gift card to Bed, Bath, and Beyond. Made our life a lot easier. (Thank you cousin Kay) <--Casey told me to put that in because its one of those things I don't normally think about :D

We went out with some guys from DriftPA.com last night to a really awesome place called the Rose Tea Cafe. Its a small place on the outside of Pittsburgh that serves authentic Chinese, Cantonese, and Taiwanese cuisine. Thats a lot of "nese". LOL . We had a great time meeting the people that I am probably going to be spending my free time with. Casey liked them too which is a good thing. She rated them as "Non-Jackasses", for now at least. They seem like a pretty cool group of guys and I already am starting to get hooked up with parts and stuff. Makes daddy happy!!

Went to Cornerstone Ministries Community Church today. Seems pretty cool. More info on whether or not we'll go there will be put up later. We still have 2 more churches to try out before we make up our mind. ;)

School starts on Tuesday!!!!! Can't wait. I am so ready to be back in a learning environment where I am expected to ask questions instead of being expected to already know what they're talking about. I'll be learning a lot in an accelerated course. It starts with the basics and moves on into advanced automotive diagnostics and electronics over the course of 6 months. After those 6 months are over, I'll be starting my first elective, High Performance Powertrain. Basically making things go faster reliably. After that Elective I am taking two more, Hot Rod and custom sheetmetal fabrication, and High Performance Chassis Fabrication. So when I'm done in 15 months, I'll be able to design a car, build the frame and body, and then build a motor for it. It will be awesome!!!

Can't wait to see all our friends when we get back.

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't be more proud of you guys... It's a bold move to move and do something out of your comfort zone and expand yourself. Keep following after God and loving each other. Don't let the little stuff get to you and give the big stuff to God (He's good at the big stuff!) I hope I'll see you guys before too long, but until then, let's stay in touch and I'll be praying for you guys, and please pray for us! Love, Chuck

    ReplyDelete