This is us... We strive to love... we love to laugh... we are trying to live life to the fullest! ...This is our ADVENTURE!!

Monday, January 18, 2010

The art of NOT stressing!

I'm getting so excited about our move back to Florida!!!  OH, to be a part of something again!  To be a part of a community and family and church!  It will be amazing!  We never really felt like we fit in here.  Although we've met some amazing people, it's really just been the two of us. 

I have been starting to stress over the move back.  It's overwhelming!  Everything that has to be done... leaving here and preparing for our arrival in Florida.  I was re-reading the first part of a book called Crazy Love by Francis Chan.  In the beginning of the second chapter he says this. 

"I used to believe that in this world there are two kinds of people: natural worriers and naturally joyful people.  I couldn't really help that I was the worrying kind.  I'm a problem solver, so I have to focus on things that need fixing.  God can see that my intensity and anxiety are ministry related.  I worry because I take His work seriosly.
Right?
But then there's that perplexing command: "Rejoice in the Lord always, I will say it again: Rejoince!" (phil. 4:4).  You'll notice that it doesn't end with "...unless you're doing something extremely important."  No, it's a command for all of us, and it follows with the charge, "Do not be anxious about anything" (v.6).
That came as a pretty staggering realization.  But what I realized next was even more staggering. 
When I am comsumed by my problems--stressed out about my life, my family and my job--I actually convey the belief that I think the circumstance are more important thatn God's command to always rejoice.  In other words, that I have a "right" to disobey God becuase of the magnitude of my responsibilites.
Worry implies that we don't quite trust that God is big enough, powerful enough, or loving enough to take care of what's happening in our lives." (pages 41-42)

WOW!  That spoke volumes to me!  I know that everything is gonna be okay when we move back.  I KNOW that the Lord is going to guide us and provide for us, but by stressing over it I'm really not trusting Him.  Everything happens for a reason.  Somedays I give this to Him what seems like every five minutes.  I try to worry about it... because that's what's comfortable.  (can stress be comfortable??)  but I MUST believe Him... His Word!  I don't think that "not worrying" means not doing anything.  Things still have to be done, but I've started making lists, praying and then not letting it comsume me.  It will get done.  Charles and I will find jobs.  Things will be taken care of.  :0)  The Lord will get the GLORY!!!  He is faithful! 

Okay... so on to other things.  Charles and I are still doing p90x and mixin' it up with wii fit.  I'm having so much fun and have lost another 10 pounds!  YAY!!  I know i've lost about 2 inches from my waist and I feel so much better.  I can acutally do more of the yoga poses and feel myself getting stronger.  Why did I not do this before???  I love it and look forward to the next days workout!  Oh, how I had missed working out!  It's been too long! 

Okay, I really should start cleaning.  I don't feel like I can pack if my house isn't clean.  I know it's strange. 

Oh yeah, it's been in the forties and the snow is almost all melted.  I think we're supposed to get more soon, but it's nice when the icky stuff gets washed away and we have fresh powder!  (icky is my technical term!) 

Miss you guys!  See all you Floridians soon!  :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment